11/24/09

PRODUCING PARKER Season 2 confirmed!!



Hey!
It's been confirmed by series makers Breakthrough Animation themselves that a season 2 of "Producing Parker" is being made!! I am so happy to hear this news as the 1st season's 13 episodes where just not enough for me!! Now I'm getting 13 more!!
***record scratch sound***

Wait a minute, your like "what are you talking about" "I've never even heard of Producing Parker?"
"Now your telling me there's a 2nd season?"


Well...Remember I mentioned how Canada was trying something new with some of their modern animation creations geared more towards women earlier this year?

Well after months of searching I finally got my hands on the show I was looking for... 2009's "Producing Parker."




It's made by the animation team that created "Atomic Betty," & looks more like the
"nicer" current flash animation found on modern CN shows, (like "Stoked")...

The story is some what like "30 Rock", where the cute lead character "Parker Kovak" is the producer of a day-time TV talk show & it's overbearing Hostess "Dee."


It follows her humorous exploits in that position with her co-workers, the head boss she has a romantic interest in, & her single home life with her talking dog.


In contrast to other current North American adult animated sitcoms, the humor is not as crass or as low-brow as shows like "Family Guy."
Since it's only on Canadian cable, it 's kind of unique at this point , as it's able to push the boundaries with profanity we can't use in our sitcoms here ...

Also, they can actually show the girl characters nude, (& in more adult situations/innuendos that would be to obvious for network broadcasts here in the US.)




I don't know if the
show will ever make it's way state-side, & if it did, it would be censored on regular TV for sure, I'm watching it downloaded for now, but you can bet I will be buying this series on Canadian DVD when it's released!!

Easily one of the
best shows (not just animated) of 2009, it looks like Parker's edgy quirky sitcom will be back in 2010~2011 for a fun-filled 2nd season!!. ...And I couldn't be more happy because of it!!




Publish Post

Producing Parker op:

6 comments:

  1. when does season 2 start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one knows yet friend, you would hope by the fall season of 2010, but BreakThrough Films originally had "in production for 2011" on their site, now it just says "Producing Parker 2 in production", so it might make it out by this year's end... In any event you have 13 more episodes coming!! ^_^ And I'll keep fans posted on this site!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO I cant wait to see it, I hope the site actually puts them up this time, so those of us who arn't in the Canadian area can watch it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are you downloading the episodes? I've been looking everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. currently finishing the last episodes of producing parker so watch out for more funny and adult comedy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT!! I love this show!! Can you tell us when the 1st airdate is for season 2 & about some of the funny or sexy content??
    We are hoping season 1 comes to DVD soon!!

    ReplyDelete